Crunchy Leaf Games
Based in Berlin, Germany
Stars of Icarus is a 2D Roguelike Space Shooter with a skill based combat system. Explore, loot, craft and fight your way through a mix of procedural and hand-crafted levels. Upgrade your ship with newfound technology, weapons and items crafted from the resources you gather. Combat is designed to be deep and rewarding, where your choices can make a huge difference. Analyze your enemies, prepare your ship, and hone your skills to become the most deadly Warrior. You will travel from Sector to Sector, upgrade your ship and fight enemies, to get to the next Jumpgate and that bit closer to your goal. The game is designed to be a "Roguelite", with resources and some types of upgrades lost when you die, and other upgrades carrying over from run to run.
We want to be as open and transparent as possible with our development process, and already have a history of doing so on our previous game. Promising a pie in the sky and then not delivering is not the way to develop a good community relationship, we would rather talk about things openly and involve the community in making the game better. Going into Early Access and gathering player feedback is therefore essential. We've had a great experience with this in the past and hope to carry it on into the future.
- Physics-based Combat - use your Grav Gun to grab and throw objects and enemies and manipulate the battlefield
- Material Type Damage Modelling - Don't shoot blindly, think which weapons will do the most damage to a given enemy
- Combat AI - Enemies patrol in groups and attack smartly. See through their patterns and exploit their weakness
- Crafting and Item use - Plan, gather resources and craft appropriate items for battle, to give you the edge
- Multiple Upgrade Systems - Some systems boost your strength for one run, while others carry over into the future
- Multi-Part Enemies - Destroy your enemies Piece by Piece, targeting more vulnerable areas and avoiding heavy armor
Greenlight Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Stars of Icarus. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- "It’s an old-school space shooter, like your grandmother used to play, built in Flash"
- John Walker, Rock Paper Shotgun
About Crunchy Leaf Games
Crunchy Leaf Games is a tiny Indie Game Development Studio based in Berlin, Germany.
More information on Crunchy Leaf Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Stars of Icarus Credits
Lead Development and Design
2D Art and Illustration
2D/3D Art and 2D Animation
Marketing and Production